Quick Gluten-Free Gravy
A super simple gluten-free gravy that's good on just about anything.
Servings 2.5 cups
- 2 cups broth stock, or cooled turkey drippings (chicken, turkey, veggie, and beef broth all work)
- ¼ cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour blend or 3 tbsp cornstarch, see notes on other flours
- ¼ cup unsalted butter use dairy-free butter to keep it dairy-free
- sea salt and fresh cracker pepper to taste
- Place all your ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly.
- When your gravy starts to boil, whisk until all the ingredients are combined and your gravy is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and cool to desired temperature before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or a freezer for up to three months.
- Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour (blue bag) works, Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour (red bag) does not work.
- Start with cold ingredients.
Put all the ingredients in the pot THEN heat. If you don't your flour will clump. No body likes clumpy gravy.
- You can use regular butter, or dairy-free butter.
- All broth options work (chicken, turkey, veggie, beef).
If you use turkey drippings, let it come to room temperature first. Also, test to see how strong the flavor is, you might want to add water.
If you don't have broth or turkey drippings, you can use bullion cubes to make broth.